Increasing the representation
and participation of Black people in tech
What is The Black Tech Symposium?
The Black Tech Symposium is a new concept – to coalesce all of the nonprofits, employee resource groups, chambers of commerce, government entities, sponsors and allies working together, United, in a given geography to help increase the representation and participation of Black people in tech.
Now in Greater Philadelphia.
Applications by Participating Organizations from the greater Philadelphia area for the Philadelphia Symposium are being accepted through October 10, 2021. Contact Karem Kinslow at email@example.com with questions, or express your interest through the menu link above.
We are accepting speaking requests from individuals in the greater Philadelphia area in the following speaking tracts: Entrepreneurship, Getting into Tech, Advancing in Tech, Artificial Intelligence. Please indicate your interest in speaking through the menu link above.
Highlights from the June 14 – 17, 2021
North Texas Black Tech Symposium
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson’s Welcome (3 minutes)
- Keynote: From Investor to Entrepreneur, with Joe Beard and Noble Madu (54 minutes)
- Comedy Keynote: The Imperfect Allies, with convo on racism in tech (1 hour 45 minutes)
- Learning Session: What are Micro-Aggressions – and how to avoid them. (38 minutes)
- Learning Session: What are Micro-Aggressions – and what to do if you face them. (29 minutes)
- Sponsor Presentation – Getting Into Tech Through the Delta Path. (1 hour 11 minutes)
- ERG – Fujitsu’s Digital Transformation and Black Employees Inclusion Network Group (BEING) (42 minutes)
- ERG – Lifestyles with American Airlines Black Professional Network(BPN) (38 minutes)
- Allyship: What allies are doing to improve diversity – a reporter from the Dallas Business Journal’s view. (15 minutes)
- Keynote: Achieving the improbable – From secretary to IBM’s world-wide data center manager (60 minutes)
- Career Development Workshop: Creating a career identity. (1 hour 17 minutes)
- Career Development Workshop: Succeeding in corporate America as an African-American (1 hour 35 minutes)